Thursday, June 09, 2005

Time for an update.

This was quite a happy day. It was shaping up to be much like the others until I got a call from Timmy, whose 11 hour flight from Tokyo had just landed. After dinner, he and some friends came visiting. The aim was mostly entertainment so as to keep them all awake until a decent bedtime hour. It was pretty entertaining for me to see the side of Timmy that hasn't slept in 30 hours. And then there were the hilarious stories about getting hit by a bicycle and being chased by security guards for stealing beer glasses from a Chinese bar. It does sound like they all had a good time. Tomorrow I'm going to their concert at Ted Mann, and I'm very much looking forward to it.

Other than that, I haven't much news. I will be in charge of greenhouse operations tomorrow afternoon, along with Colin, because mom and dad are going to buy yet another new car. Our van keeps breaking down and has become generally unreliable, so they decided to trade it in for a Focus wagon, which will work just as well for transporting large quantities of geranium plants every spring.

My job starts Monday, and I'm kind of excited about that. I've enjoyed having these last few weeks to just lounge around and catch up on sleep, but I'm ready to have something worthwhile to do now. But before I start real work, I have to finish Harry Potter. :) I'm nearly finished. One more weekend and I'll have it done.

Okay, I'm off to lounge some more. Back for more later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home