Saturday, May 28, 2005

Hello again.

I doubt many of you have even had a chance to read yesterday's post, but I'm posting again anyway because I have the time and inclination.

I was visiting the chickens this evening when I received a cell phone call from my brother inviting me to come "hang out" with him and his friends in the parking lot. Against my better judgment, I did so. In short, I've concluded that Colin is friends with a bunch of slack-jawed yokels who entertain themselves with cap guns and bowling balls. I went back in the house after the cap gun ran out of caps and Colin dropped the bowling ball on his foot. And that was my night.

In other news, I did go car shopping today. I'm pretty sure I'll end up with a Hyundai Elantra. They're nice cars, and you can't beat the 10 year warranty and the standard side impact air bags. The salesman was pretty dumb though. His argument for spending the extra on an automatic was "then you can go off in your own little world" while you're driving, whereas with a manual "you have to pay attention to what you're doing." Then he went so far as to recommend an SUV, and I laughed outright at him. Loudly. I don't think he quite knew what to make of it. Anyway, it's all pretty exciting. I'm starting to feel like an adult.

Lynn came home today too, which was much unexpected. I was beginning to think she'd got lost in Ontario. But now we can get on with season 4 of West Wing. Very exciting.

Okay, I should go get some sleep. I'm working on going to bed earlier, although it doesn't seem to matter much when morning rolls around.

Wow, I wrote a novel. Ha. Must be summer. Later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home