Once again, a resounding good evening to you all. Perhaps good morning might be more appropriate.
I'm just winding down from quite the day. In terms of events, today probably wasn't any more exceptional than any other day this week but, in retrospect, something about it just feels more exciting.
I actually got out of bed at a reasonable hour this morning and resumed the daunting task of stowing all my stuff in logical and out-of-the-way places. I can say I've made some progress I suppose, as my floor is no longer strewn with random books, papers, and articles of clothing. My desk drawers, however, are another matter entirely. But that is a project for another day.
I had forgotten today was Saturday, and was thus fairly surprised when mom and dad came in from outside at 5:30 this evening and announced that they wanted to go to a German restaurant for dinner because no one wanted to cook any food. It took a little while to actually get going, and so dad decided to have a beer before we left. By the time we had finished with dinner, things had gotten a little wild and raucous (a fact to which Megan can attest), and I ended up having to drive home. But it was good times.
A bit later, after everyone had had a chance to calm down, Lynn came over for some good relaxation after a hard day of unpacking the two dozen or so boxes of books she had shipped back from New York. We spent a bit of time being mesmerized by the Facebook, did a little tweaking on her new blog (see the links to your left) and then watched Finding Neverland. Good movie, good times.
But now it's off to bed with me, because I have a slight headache I can't seem to get rid of . Goodnight all!
I'm just winding down from quite the day. In terms of events, today probably wasn't any more exceptional than any other day this week but, in retrospect, something about it just feels more exciting.
I actually got out of bed at a reasonable hour this morning and resumed the daunting task of stowing all my stuff in logical and out-of-the-way places. I can say I've made some progress I suppose, as my floor is no longer strewn with random books, papers, and articles of clothing. My desk drawers, however, are another matter entirely. But that is a project for another day.
I had forgotten today was Saturday, and was thus fairly surprised when mom and dad came in from outside at 5:30 this evening and announced that they wanted to go to a German restaurant for dinner because no one wanted to cook any food. It took a little while to actually get going, and so dad decided to have a beer before we left. By the time we had finished with dinner, things had gotten a little wild and raucous (a fact to which Megan can attest), and I ended up having to drive home. But it was good times.
A bit later, after everyone had had a chance to calm down, Lynn came over for some good relaxation after a hard day of unpacking the two dozen or so boxes of books she had shipped back from New York. We spent a bit of time being mesmerized by the Facebook, did a little tweaking on her new blog (see the links to your left) and then watched Finding Neverland. Good movie, good times.
But now it's off to bed with me, because I have a slight headache I can't seem to get rid of . Goodnight all!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home