Thursday, June 02, 2005

Well, of all people, Mom has begun to hound me about updating. I'm not sure what I'll have to say that she hasn't already heard, but I'll give it a shot. It's been three days. Time flies.

The past three days have been hardly different from the days before them. I've been hanging out, alternating between lounging around, pitching in outside in the greenhouse, and the occasional crusade against the piles of stuff on my bedroom floor.

Went to Wal-mart last night with Lynn to pick up some things for Mom. Mostly pop. Also laundry detergent and a sympathy card. Oh, and Brita filters. And paper towels and ice cream. It took about that many cell phone calls for mom to remember everything on her obviously nonexistent shopping list. It was quite funny, really.

Speaking of buying things... I bought a car. Of course, I use the first person singular rather loosely in this case; to be more accurate, Mom and Dad bought the car, and I just get to drive it. Eventually, when I have real money, I'll pay for it. For the time being, the title is in Dad's name for insurance purposes, but he promised not to disown me and take it away. It's a rather strikingly blue Hyundai Elantra with lots of fun bells and whistles. Like heated mirrors. Pretty cool, huh?

Yesterday I went to visit my cooperating teacher down in Rosemount and get all the details for next fall. He didn't have a lot of details for me, because they've completely revamped the curriculum for next year and he doesn't have any of the materials yet. But at least I know now I'll be teaching 9th grade American Government and Economics. That's a start. And I might even get my own cubicle. If I'm lucky.

So that's that. There was something else I was going to jabber about, but I can't remember what it is anymore. I'm off to my next task, which I think is going to be sorting boxes of books. Fun fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home