My friends, I've been a terrible blogger and you should properly chastise me. I've been a bit busy, but that's no excuse, none at all.
Like I said, I've had some things going on. Work, mostly. And when I'm not working, I'm sleeping because for some reason I'm exhausted. These kids are draining the life out of me. But I still really enjoy it. I'm looking forward to tomorrow because the kids are giving speeches, then presenting powerpoints, then watching a video. So me and Sarah can maybe just spend the afternoon passing notes in the back of the classroom. We've already gone to all the trouble of writing the speeches and making the powerpoints. This will be a well-earned reward.
So, that's work. What else...
I am, at the moment, rather drenched, having just walked from the garage to the house in a most spectacular rainstorm. We drove home from the west metro in it, and it was rather tense. Zero visibility from the rain, and every time the lightning would flash, which was about every 4 seconds, I went temporarily blind. It was like a camera flash attacking your eyes from every possible angle at once. Really it was pretty awesome. I love storms.
Then we found a huge brown moth in the garage. It's the size of my hand. I took pictures.
This weekend was Kari's wedding. It went wonderfully, as could be expected of a wedding that's been in the works for two and a half years. I very much enjoyed the ceremony, and the reception was a blast. And it was very nice to see all my Luther friends. It feels like it's been so long already!
This weekend is another road trip for the car. Heading back down to Decorah, then Cedar Rapids to camp out on some people's floors. I'm way excited.
And it sounds from the news tonight like Minnesota may not go into the first stage of meltdown tomorrow at midnight after all. It is indeed hard times in the land of Pawlenty, but perhaps the legislature will work out some agreement so the government will continue operating beyond 4 o'clock tomorrow afternoon. I'm crossing my fingers. On the other hand, I think it might do us all some good if Pawlenty gets the credit for being an idiot. Maybe then we'll all realize that the slogan "no new taxes" is not the revealed word of God.
That's all for now I think. I'm ready for more sleep before work tomorrow. Night everyone!
Like I said, I've had some things going on. Work, mostly. And when I'm not working, I'm sleeping because for some reason I'm exhausted. These kids are draining the life out of me. But I still really enjoy it. I'm looking forward to tomorrow because the kids are giving speeches, then presenting powerpoints, then watching a video. So me and Sarah can maybe just spend the afternoon passing notes in the back of the classroom. We've already gone to all the trouble of writing the speeches and making the powerpoints. This will be a well-earned reward.
So, that's work. What else...
I am, at the moment, rather drenched, having just walked from the garage to the house in a most spectacular rainstorm. We drove home from the west metro in it, and it was rather tense. Zero visibility from the rain, and every time the lightning would flash, which was about every 4 seconds, I went temporarily blind. It was like a camera flash attacking your eyes from every possible angle at once. Really it was pretty awesome. I love storms.
Then we found a huge brown moth in the garage. It's the size of my hand. I took pictures.
This weekend was Kari's wedding. It went wonderfully, as could be expected of a wedding that's been in the works for two and a half years. I very much enjoyed the ceremony, and the reception was a blast. And it was very nice to see all my Luther friends. It feels like it's been so long already!
This weekend is another road trip for the car. Heading back down to Decorah, then Cedar Rapids to camp out on some people's floors. I'm way excited.
And it sounds from the news tonight like Minnesota may not go into the first stage of meltdown tomorrow at midnight after all. It is indeed hard times in the land of Pawlenty, but perhaps the legislature will work out some agreement so the government will continue operating beyond 4 o'clock tomorrow afternoon. I'm crossing my fingers. On the other hand, I think it might do us all some good if Pawlenty gets the credit for being an idiot. Maybe then we'll all realize that the slogan "no new taxes" is not the revealed word of God.
That's all for now I think. I'm ready for more sleep before work tomorrow. Night everyone!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home