Monday, March 20, 2006

Two things I wish to share:

1. The following is a genuine, unaltered advertisement which arrived today in the mail:
"Now we can save you up to $327.96 or more a year on auto insurance."
Only after reading it closely did I realize how truly ridiculous it is. It wins my award for most inconclusive statistic ever.


2. President Bush proved to me today that his degree in history from Yale is a forgery. I quote:

"America has never retreated in the face of thugs and assassins, and we will not begin now."

I would like to ask him to please explain what exactly the 1975 evacuation of our embassy in Saigon was, if not a retreat. Or what the 1983 cut-and-run from Lebanon was, if not a retreat. I suppose one could argue that we weren't retreating so much as we were running away as fast as possible, but I think that's largely a semantical issue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home