Well, I'm sitting here in bed, feeling alternately normal and really sick. I'm well-drugged at the moment, and for lack of anything better to do, I'm writing a blog post wholly without purpose. But I guess that's what blog posts are all about.
I suppose I could tell about my weekend. It was fun. Pretty much as I had predicted in previous post. But yes, quite fun. And actually, upon review of previous post, I have to amend: there wasn't even very much eye-rolling. We had long and insightful conversations with our former pastor in an attempt to address why most of the group of formerly regular church-goers has been at least moderately disillusioned by the current atmosphere of our church. He also recommended lots of books, several of which I'm quite keen to look into. Mostly Luther stuff. Smart guy, Luther.
I haven't been doing anything for the past couple days, because I seem to have inherited the plague-like disease that dad had last week. It's fun.
Still waiting on my teaching license. My feverish self is not ungrateful for the vacation at present, however.
I've been spending my days watching West Wing, messing around on the computer, and wondering how I can get my hands on the first season of Lost or the fourth season of 24.
Makes me think of another story from this weekend. We made early dinner reservations for 25 people on Sunday night specifically because my brother had to be in front of a TV at 7:00 pm for the 5th season premiere of 24. Ended up with half the group, including the pastor, in the basement watching 2 full hours of "gratuitous violence."
I suppose I could tell about my weekend. It was fun. Pretty much as I had predicted in previous post. But yes, quite fun. And actually, upon review of previous post, I have to amend: there wasn't even very much eye-rolling. We had long and insightful conversations with our former pastor in an attempt to address why most of the group of formerly regular church-goers has been at least moderately disillusioned by the current atmosphere of our church. He also recommended lots of books, several of which I'm quite keen to look into. Mostly Luther stuff. Smart guy, Luther.
I haven't been doing anything for the past couple days, because I seem to have inherited the plague-like disease that dad had last week. It's fun.
Still waiting on my teaching license. My feverish self is not ungrateful for the vacation at present, however.
I've been spending my days watching West Wing, messing around on the computer, and wondering how I can get my hands on the first season of Lost or the fourth season of 24.
Makes me think of another story from this weekend. We made early dinner reservations for 25 people on Sunday night specifically because my brother had to be in front of a TV at 7:00 pm for the 5th season premiere of 24. Ended up with half the group, including the pastor, in the basement watching 2 full hours of "gratuitous violence."

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home