Wednesday, December 14, 2005

It's been kind of a long day, but I had a little nap, so I'm blogging instead of sleeping. That way, all you "fans" of mine will be at least partially satisfied, and I will no longer be pathetic.

I was hoping for a nice relaxing day off today, being that we were scheduled to get some 8+ inches of snow last night and today. The snow came, just as expected. The cancellations didn't. Not that I really expected them. I do know this school district, and I know they only have snow days about once every 46 years. So, regardless of how many buses crash into trees or get stuck in snowdrifts, school will commence. That's just something I need to get used to.

Driving this morning was life threatening. Actually, that's an overstatement. I'd needed to have really tried hard to get hurt, seeing as I only went about 25 mph the whole way. I thought the state highways were unplowed, until I got to the county road and discovered the true meaning of unplowed. It resembled a cross-country ski trail. Once I got to school, the parking lot was completely unplowed, causing such confusion that staff members ended up double parking themselves and there was some difficulty this afternoon. But I managed to weather it all and get home in one piece. Now they've plowed the roads. So unless is starts snowing again, which it might, it should be an easier commute for tomorrow.

Friday I have an easy day, because half my day will be spent taking the kids to the library for a book presentation. Looking forward to that. We're watching a video tomorrow. Looking forward to that too. Can you tell I'm getting a little sick of 6th grade? I want to go back to high school.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home