Here I am finally finding a few minutes to post about my weekend trip. well, pseudo-weekend. Spent a couple days down in Cedar Rapids with Ashlee before she left for Belgium. Ashlee doesn't believe me, but I actually had great fun. I didn't get there 'til Sunday 'round dinnertime, but we had a nice evening, took a long walk with the dog, watched a movie, and stayed up incredibly late reminiscing with a very sleepy Haylee about the joys of being college juniors. The next day, we slept in incredibly late to make up for the previous evening, then drove all over town running last minute errands. Came home, and spent the rest of the evening managing a major crisis, which involved repeated phone calls over the next several days to the Belgian consulate in New York and the US Postal Service. In between all that, we ordered pizza, played several rounds of a rather complicated board game, (it wasn't complicated so much as I'm just dim-witted, I think) and listened to the R-rated version of "city-trip mix 2005". After tackling the much-anticipated shoe-sort, which actually was not as painful as expected, we watched another movie. Or rather, I watched a movie while Ashlee wandered around the room and put things in boxes. Next day involved running more errands and tying up the loose ends of aforementioned major crisis, which ended happily, if not peacefully or expeditiously. All in all it was a good time. We said our goodbyes :( and then I got to drive home through a monstrous thunderstorm that was actually quite exciting. I drove straight through the line of black skies, came out on the western side, and watched a brilliant sunset. And now Ashlee's off to Antwerp with only one minor complication, but a phone call from O'Hare and a quick email solved that one. Keep up with her at her new blog ashlee's antwerp adventure.
Thursday, August 11, 2005
Previous Posts
- No news.Headin' south for a couple days.
- I seem to have discovered the artistic streak in m...
- We are never what we must be. From us, more may a...
- I have acquired a most spectacular book: A History...
- Hey everybody. Sorry I've been gone so long again....
- Sorry for not posting since the dark ages. But I h...
- My friends, I've been a terrible blogger and you s...
- Oh. My. God. I'm sitting here in my room, watchin...
- As I'm discussing at this very moment with Timmy, ...
- There's a spider on my bedroom wall. We're having...
Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home