Saturday, December 25, 2004

Just as I expected, the family Christmas extravaganza was a hit. This year's main feature was an incident in which a shoeless ten-year-old was attacked by four grown men, beaten with pieces of styrofoam, taped into a cardboard box, and thrown into a snowdrift. His shoeless-ness only became a problem after he was left to make his own way back across a snowy expanse of frozen tundra to the house. Like I've said before, we're a crazy bunch on a ordinary day. Add to the mix numerous bottles of wine and enough chocolate to cause a heart attack and, well, you'd really just have to be there in order to properly envision the mayhem that typically ensues. The game, however, went off pretty much without a hitch, with hardly any gift-throwing becoming necessary.

So now I'm back home after a long day. The arctic conditions here are quite a change from the subtropical climate in my grandma's house. My grandpa fell down in the driveway on his way to the mailbox yesterday. Now he can't move his arm, but he refuses to go to the emergency room. Always has been too stubborn for his own good. That was just a side note. Also, our phones aren't working, so if you absolutely need to get in touch with me immediately, you really just can't. Email me or something. Or I'm always online, although Dustin would argue that my attention is difficult to draw. Regardless, everyone still lives and is well, and hopefully we will have this glitch figured out in a timely manner. Then you can call me. :)

Okay, I have to post this now for Ashlee's entertainment. Back soon for further news.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home