I baked cookies today, and they are pretty good. Of course, I won't be winning any awards as long as I'm competing with my brother's chocolate mocha truffles, but at least I tried.
Tomorrow is Christmas, necessitating an extended family get-together which will no doubt result in at least triple the level of insanity I'm used to dealing with on a day-to-day basis. Add a lot of sugar and possibly some wine, and we'll probably all end up throwing gifts at one another. I'm really not kidding... you see, there's this game that we play... I won't go into detail.
If tomorrow is Christmas, that means tonight is Christmas Eve. A night like any other around here. Everyone else is asleep, and here I am. Keeping Santa from making his rounds. I actually know for a fact that Santa never visits our house until sometime after 7 am. So I've still got a few hours.
We decided to do the present thing tonight after dinner and before church. I got a new printer that will print nice pictures and also won't cost me an arm and leg to replace the ink cartridges. And my crazy brother got me all three Harry Potter DVDs. Crazy brother. Tomorrow I'm hoping to get some cash from Grandma so I can buy things I need. Like pants. I need pants.
Anyway, I have come to the end of my post. Timmy says the ends of my posts always sound angst-y and frustrated, in his words. I assure you I am neither of those things. I am, in fact, in a very good mood. It's Christmas Eve, after all. And with that, I wish you all a Happy Christmas and a good night.
Tomorrow is Christmas, necessitating an extended family get-together which will no doubt result in at least triple the level of insanity I'm used to dealing with on a day-to-day basis. Add a lot of sugar and possibly some wine, and we'll probably all end up throwing gifts at one another. I'm really not kidding... you see, there's this game that we play... I won't go into detail.
If tomorrow is Christmas, that means tonight is Christmas Eve. A night like any other around here. Everyone else is asleep, and here I am. Keeping Santa from making his rounds. I actually know for a fact that Santa never visits our house until sometime after 7 am. So I've still got a few hours.
We decided to do the present thing tonight after dinner and before church. I got a new printer that will print nice pictures and also won't cost me an arm and leg to replace the ink cartridges. And my crazy brother got me all three Harry Potter DVDs. Crazy brother. Tomorrow I'm hoping to get some cash from Grandma so I can buy things I need. Like pants. I need pants.
Anyway, I have come to the end of my post. Timmy says the ends of my posts always sound angst-y and frustrated, in his words. I assure you I am neither of those things. I am, in fact, in a very good mood. It's Christmas Eve, after all. And with that, I wish you all a Happy Christmas and a good night.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home