meep! meep!
So, sorry about that last entry there. The title doesn't exactly make sense. I obviously was thinking about something else when I wrote it. See, I'm already violating my readability rules.
Right now, I'm in a really weird mood. Mostly I just want to watch cartoons. Like the roadrunner.
Instead, I'm reading a book about World War I, the fall of the Ottoman Empire, and the making of the modern Middle East. You know, the term "Middle East" was invented by an American historian in 1902. It's really not middle of anything east, so I tend to think West Asia makes a bit more sense... Anyway, it's appears to be a good book; I haven't gotten far yet, but it's becoming apparent that this international fiasco we're in now was mostly caused by nineteenth-century-minded Europeans. As if that wasn't predictable...
Anyway, I suppose I'll get back to it, as this is really pretty pointless. And I didn't even give you fair warning, although you might have deduced from the title... Anyway, my apologies... and have a good night.
Right now, I'm in a really weird mood. Mostly I just want to watch cartoons. Like the roadrunner.
Instead, I'm reading a book about World War I, the fall of the Ottoman Empire, and the making of the modern Middle East. You know, the term "Middle East" was invented by an American historian in 1902. It's really not middle of anything east, so I tend to think West Asia makes a bit more sense... Anyway, it's appears to be a good book; I haven't gotten far yet, but it's becoming apparent that this international fiasco we're in now was mostly caused by nineteenth-century-minded Europeans. As if that wasn't predictable...
Anyway, I suppose I'll get back to it, as this is really pretty pointless. And I didn't even give you fair warning, although you might have deduced from the title... Anyway, my apologies... and have a good night.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home