Here goes nothing...
So I decided to make a fresh start at this. New number one consideration being readability. I'll try my best. Those of you who know me well also know that nothing interesting or important ever happens in my life. So why I'm bothering to publicize it at all is a mystery to me too. Out of dead boredom, I suppose. If you happen to be interested or perhaps bored enough to keep reading, be my guest. But to be quite honest, I probably couldn't, in good conscience, recommend it.
As has become quite commonplace, I'm not having much of a day. Really not much of a summer, for that matter. I've been working the past three weeks at my high school, tutoring ESL kids in summer school reading, writing, and civics classes. It's really fun, the kids are awesome, and it's keeping me well occupied and very tired, what with a string of 6:00 am mornings every week. But alas, summer school is done after next Thursday, so I will have to find some alternative occupation with which to entertain myself.
Highlights of an otherwise depressingly dull summer so far have been a couple of visits with Luther friends. Easily the most fun I've had since parting company nearly two months ago. Miss everyone lots, but we're on the home stretch now, aren't we? And I'll be down in Decorah in a week and a half for a bit of Nordic Fest fun. Hoping I'll see you all there.
In other news, my poor brother had his wisdom teeth out yesterday, and has been lying on the couch since then, looking a little glazed. I'll just keep hoping I never have to do that. Meanwhile, I cleaned the closet in the hallway upstairs, which is quite the undertaking, believe me. I'm a bit proud of myself. Cherie's gone off to Ireland with her mom, but surprised us all yesterday with the news that she's coming home tomorrow. I tell you, if I were going to Ireland, I'd stay longer than four days. But whatever. For those of you who haven't heard that intriguing storyline, my brother's girlfriend is the newest addition to our household. Naturally, when she found out Cherie was coming home so soon, my mom immediately embarked upon a tireless crusade to clean the upstairs; thus for the better part of two days, I've had to deal with the results of that effort, from vacuuming at all hours to piles of stuff sitting everywhere.
Okay, not much else to go on about here. I admit those last few tidbits of information were mostly irrelevant. I sincerely apologize and forgive anyone who's simply given up on me at this point. Otherwise, if you're so inclined, stay tuned for further updates. Adios, my friends!
As has become quite commonplace, I'm not having much of a day. Really not much of a summer, for that matter. I've been working the past three weeks at my high school, tutoring ESL kids in summer school reading, writing, and civics classes. It's really fun, the kids are awesome, and it's keeping me well occupied and very tired, what with a string of 6:00 am mornings every week. But alas, summer school is done after next Thursday, so I will have to find some alternative occupation with which to entertain myself.
Highlights of an otherwise depressingly dull summer so far have been a couple of visits with Luther friends. Easily the most fun I've had since parting company nearly two months ago. Miss everyone lots, but we're on the home stretch now, aren't we? And I'll be down in Decorah in a week and a half for a bit of Nordic Fest fun. Hoping I'll see you all there.
In other news, my poor brother had his wisdom teeth out yesterday, and has been lying on the couch since then, looking a little glazed. I'll just keep hoping I never have to do that. Meanwhile, I cleaned the closet in the hallway upstairs, which is quite the undertaking, believe me. I'm a bit proud of myself. Cherie's gone off to Ireland with her mom, but surprised us all yesterday with the news that she's coming home tomorrow. I tell you, if I were going to Ireland, I'd stay longer than four days. But whatever. For those of you who haven't heard that intriguing storyline, my brother's girlfriend is the newest addition to our household. Naturally, when she found out Cherie was coming home so soon, my mom immediately embarked upon a tireless crusade to clean the upstairs; thus for the better part of two days, I've had to deal with the results of that effort, from vacuuming at all hours to piles of stuff sitting everywhere.
Okay, not much else to go on about here. I admit those last few tidbits of information were mostly irrelevant. I sincerely apologize and forgive anyone who's simply given up on me at this point. Otherwise, if you're so inclined, stay tuned for further updates. Adios, my friends!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home