Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Update?

I suppose you could call it that...

Anyway, it's been a while, so I thought I'd publish a mid-week edition. It's mid-week for me anyway. Two days down, and two to go on the job. This is my last week, and to tell the truth, I'm a little sad. I'm gonna miss these kids. They've all done such a wonderful job, and work so hard every day. As this is the last week, they've got Basic Skills testing, so the moment of truth has arrived for many of them. To graduate, or not to graduate. Most of them have been studying English for less than a year, and if I were them, I'd be nervous. But they're all doing great. And my three girls from Russia are all getting A's in American Government, which is quite an accomplishment, considering I sometimes have to skim the chapter to help them answer their review questions. Forgive me for not knowing the minute differences between an executive agency and a regulatory committee off the top of my head...

Aside from work, I have little news to report. I had a good time on Sunday at the Copes home. I know Lynn's not reading this, as she is currently residing in a tent and spending her days wandering barefoot around the Great Rift Valley, but I expect I'll be spending some quality time in her company when she returns in August. Can't wait for that!

Otherwise, I feel a little like Harry Potter spending a summer with the Dursleys, except that I'm not so much harrassed here as I am just exceedingly bored. Thus, I eagerly await my return to school, where real events actually occur.

Also, they reported this on the news this evening. It's moderately funny...
http://www.jibjab.com/thisland.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home