Well friends, sorry I left this on an unhappy note. Periodic and mostly inexplicable unhappiness seems to have become the story of my life these days. But I went for a walk, had a little talk with myself; it's two days later, and things are better.
I feel like I'm in a difficult position right now, in which I can't visualize the future as concretely as I would like to. It's all just a little bit hazy. I'm finding it easy to pleasantly ignore whatever might be around the corner. I do acknowledge that, yes, I have a lot of things to do before Thanksgiving but, at the moment, I'm not really stressing over it at all. The only thing that's making me worried is the thought in the back of my head that perhaps I should be more stressed than I am. It's really a very bizarre mental state.
So, in the absence of mental stress, I find other, more emotional things to worry about. My life, for example, and how it is leaving me in the dust. The days keep disappearing, and the closer I look, the more I see other things disappearing too. I guess I'm just beginning to realize that when it comes time to leave this place, I'll also have to leave everyone that means anything to me. You can't stop change. I'm just trying to slow it down a little. And I don't know how to do that except to try to make something of every minute that I have now. But that's easier said than done. I don't know... perhaps this helps explain the inexplicable, or maybe it's just made me more confused.
I guess I'm just in a thoughtful mood. Sorry I haven't managed to exude confidence and optimism. Right now, at this moment, things really are looking up. It's a beautiful Thursday, and I'll enjoy it while I can. I guess that's all I have to say for myself.
I feel like I'm in a difficult position right now, in which I can't visualize the future as concretely as I would like to. It's all just a little bit hazy. I'm finding it easy to pleasantly ignore whatever might be around the corner. I do acknowledge that, yes, I have a lot of things to do before Thanksgiving but, at the moment, I'm not really stressing over it at all. The only thing that's making me worried is the thought in the back of my head that perhaps I should be more stressed than I am. It's really a very bizarre mental state.
So, in the absence of mental stress, I find other, more emotional things to worry about. My life, for example, and how it is leaving me in the dust. The days keep disappearing, and the closer I look, the more I see other things disappearing too. I guess I'm just beginning to realize that when it comes time to leave this place, I'll also have to leave everyone that means anything to me. You can't stop change. I'm just trying to slow it down a little. And I don't know how to do that except to try to make something of every minute that I have now. But that's easier said than done. I don't know... perhaps this helps explain the inexplicable, or maybe it's just made me more confused.
I guess I'm just in a thoughtful mood. Sorry I haven't managed to exude confidence and optimism. Right now, at this moment, things really are looking up. It's a beautiful Thursday, and I'll enjoy it while I can. I guess that's all I have to say for myself.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home